Sunday, July 4, 2010

End of the Sueño

On Saturday, a beautiful fall day in Buenos Aires, Argentina, thousands upon thousands of faithful Argentinos descended upon Plaza San Martin to watch the 2010 World Cup Quarterfinal match against powerhouse Germany. The mood was incredible until....well the 2nd minute of play when Germany began its romp. Finishing 4-0 to knock Argentina out of the tournament, Germany dominated from the get go. Unfortunately for me it was the only match I got to see in one of these large public viewing parties, but I'm glad I went. I have here a bunch of photos and videos to give you all a sense of the experience, I can only imagine how cool it must have been when they were winning. Damn that pyschic octopus to hell !



















More videos to come later, YouTube is working slow...

3 comments:

  1. those german fans must have been scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah i didn't stand near them on purpose. i ended up meeting these 2 german girls that night who were there, they said they wore all argie stuff and cheered silently for the germans bc they were scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful photos !!!

    ReplyDelete